Teachers of PreK – 12 in Dutchess, Putnam and Ulster Counties (Parochial, Private/Independent, and Public Schools)
3 Foundation Grants Categories
- Fund for Excellence in Education Grants: Funding opportunities for classroom teachers that fulfill one or both of these criteria:
- Support for classroom projects and initiatives which will improve learning opportunities for students. **Grant funding not to be used for field trips or after-school activities.**
- Support for the personal and professional enhancement of teachers (not to fulfill Masters program or certification requirements).
- Writing Grant(s): A grant will be awarded to K-12 teachers for either professional development in the field of teaching writing or for a specific program designed to enhance the writing abilities of students.
- Verizon STEM Grant(s): Grants will be awarded for STEM related projects, activities and equipment.
Grants Available to Public Schools Only:
- Marionette/Puppet Grant(s): A grant will be awarded to a public school teacher for projects which incorporate student and/or teacher-made marionettes and puppets in the curricula. Preference will be given to multi-cultural or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Dutchess County – Dennis Markle Memorial Community Service Grant(s): Community Service Grants will be awarded to Dutchess County public school teachers for projects involving their students in community service. These community service awards are made from the Dennis Markle Memorial Community Fund which was started by the Dutchess County United Teacher’s Council. Examples of the type of projects which would be considered for these grants are: projects involving senior citizens, hospice, day care, disadvantaged populations, community beautification projects, etc.
Awards: Grants made through this program will not exceed $2,500.
Online grant application. Click here to access the Grants Portal.
Applications must be submitted by March 15th. Awards will be announced in May.