Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Any educator in a public school or school district in Dutchess County and Ulster County, New York – kindergarten to grade 12 are eligible to apply for field trip grants.
MAXIMUM GRANT AMOUNT: The maximum grant award is $2,000 per field trip. There is not a limit of requests that can be made per school. However, schools will be generally be limited to no more than two field trip grants each, as the competitive application process warrants. Funding priority will be given to high needs schools/ districts.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Online grant application. Go to www.communityfoundationshv.org to access grant guidelines information and application. Click here to access the Grants Portal.
Questions: Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Trip Grants Eligibility
- Field trips must be for trips outside of the school and must be tied to educational curricula.
- Teachers should seek funding from their school or district first. If that source is depleted or not available for a field trip, the teacher/school may request money from this fund.
- Field trips should occur during the regular academic year and generally during school hours.
- Summer programs, clubs and after-school programs are not eligible.
- Funds may cover transportation and/or admissions. It can also be used to help defray the costs of students who do not have the ability to pay for their portion in cases where students/families are expected to pay all or a portion of the cost.
- The proposed field trip should be reasonable and appropriate.
- Field trips that serve an entire grade level will be considered.
Field Trip Deadlines
- Early Bird Deadline: August 15th For trips or dates or needing a decision prior to October 15th (notifications to go out mid-September)
- Fall/Winter Deadline: September 15th This is for trips with anticipated dates between October 15th – January 30th (notifications to go out in early October)
- Winter/Spring Deadline: December 31st This is for trips with anticipated dates between February 1st – June 30th (notifications to go out in late January)
Other posts related to this topic:
- New: Target Field Trip Grants