Minute-Mysteries are stories that can be solved with close examination of the clues in the story.
Emily and Connall were playing checkers at GG’s house. They played 5 games. Each of them won the same number of games and there weren’t any ties. How could this happen?
John F. Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, was the youngest person elected to the presidency. However, he was the second youngest man to hold the office? How could this be?
On Monday, the teacher asked Teaghan how old she would be on her next birthday. She answered that in two years she would be twice as old as she was five years ago. How old is Teaghan today?
A photographer went for a walk in the woods to take pictures of nature. That was the last time anyone saw her alive. Three days later she was found dead in the woods. The story says that she died because of a pack on her back. What was so deadly about the pack?
Other posts related to this topic
- How many kids were playing checkers?
- Are presidents always elected?
- Use a chart or a table as your problem solving strategy.
- Is there anything else special about the phrase “pack on her back” other than it rhymes?
Answers: (You asked for it, here they are)
- Emily and Connall were both playing checkers but they were not playing each other.
- When President McKinley was assassinated, Vice-President Theodore Roosevelt became president.. At that time he was only 42. President Kennedy was 43.
- Teaghan is 12
- The pack that was on the photographer was a “pack” of wolves.