Trips outside the classroom this year? Teachers, if your answer is no, Target stores can help you and your students. It is because Target stores believe that some of the best learning opportunities happen outside the classroom they are offering money for trips. As a result of their funding they believe that students will have a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience through classroom field trips. K-12 schools nationwide can apply for grants valued at $700. Apply today!
Who is eligible for a grant?
Teachers working in K-12, public, private or charter schools in the U.S. can apply. Schools must have a 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1) tax-exempt status to apply. The educator must plan and execute a fieldtrip that provides a learning experience for students. Preschools and home schools are not eligible to apply.
Rather than applying at your local Target store, your online application can be submitted to Scholarship America between August 1, 2018 at Noon CT and October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Checklist for trips:
- Who will be going on the trip?
- What will the students learn?
- When will the trip be taken? Trip should occur between January 1, 2019 and the end of the 2018-19 school year
- Where is the trip?
- Why is the field trip the best way for students to learn?
- How do I know that the students learned from the trip?
- Grant winners will be notified by e-mail by December 15, 2018.
You may also find helpful